A ROADMAP FOR FASHION SUSTAINABILITY; Making an Impact One Garment at a Time
It is no secret that the Global Fashion System is propelling climate change at an unprecedented rate, jeopardising the collective wellbeing of both people & planet. Yet the decarbonisation pathway of the UN Fashion Industry Charter is set for 2050 (i.e. 1.7 trillion units of garment waste later). How can we take action as individuals, businesses & institutions to accelerate change for sustainability and reform the Fashion System?
Agenda for this day:
11:00 – 20:00 DEPLOY fashion pop-up shop
18:30 Panel debate followed by catwalk fashion show
Speakers for this evening include:
– MEP Samira Rafael, panel moderated by Elizabeth Kuiper, Executive Lead of the Social Europe & Wellbeing program for European Policy Centre (EPC)
– Marie-Hélène Pradines, Head of unit at the European Commission (DG Grow)
– Emily Macintosh, Policy Officer for Textiles at the European Environmental Bureau
– Elena Lai, Secretary General European Textile Services Association (ETSA)
– Dr Bernice Pan, DEPLOY Founder & award-winning sustainable entrepreneur
The event will be highlighted with a live DEPLOY showcase demonstrating how sustainable innovation x design thinking can pilot a new pathway out of our fashion conundrum.
To book your ticket, please follow this registration link through eventbrite.
| Aarlenstraat 20, Brussel, 1050, Belgium|
|} maart 30, 2022|
| woensdag, 18:30 to 21:00|
| DEPLOY and FIPRA|